The weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish
I've been seriously neglecting my TTT posts the last few weeks, but since 2013 has already given me so many amazing reading experiences, I knew I had to make time for this week's. For the most part, these are listed in no particular order.
Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013
- Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning - For me, 2013 is The Year Of Jericho Barrons. Shadowfever is the conclusion to the series, answering a hundred questions and showing Barrons off to his full sex-god effect.
- Gone, Gone, Gone by Hannah Moskowitz - If Fever is the series that owns this year for me, Moskowitz is the author. This is the second book I've read of hers, and it is just...unf. Incredible.
- Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz - See above, and then add in magical fish and a mostly illiterate mermaid. Yeah, it's just that awesome.
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion - I'm not a zombie person. Like, at all. But both Marion's prose and R's awesomeness transcend my prejudice and turn Warm Bodies into an all-time favorite. Getting to picture Nicholas Hoult as a sexy walking corpse the whole time didn't hurt, either.
- Crank by Ellen Hopkins - This was one of the most emotional reading experiences I have ever had. I can't say I enjoyed it, but it is definitely one of my favorites.
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton - Modernized Greek mythology, a flawed MC and one of the most adorable romantic leads ever. 'Nuff said.
- Ultraviolet by R. J. Anderson - The first three thirds of this book are unique and awesomely weird. The last third is completely out of this world. This is one of the most original YA books I have ever had the pleasure to read.
- The Sea Of Tranquility by Katja Millay - Technically imperfect, this book is a sweeping story of loss and love, with a heavy dose of teen angst and hot boy.
- Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry - One of the most emotionally intense contemporary romances I've read.
- Teach Me by R. A. Nelson - This book is extremely underappreciated, but I had so much fun reading it. Both times.
Making this list makes me want to go out and buy another dozen books for the gems I may find. 2013 has been really good to me so far book-wise, I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store! As always, comment with a link to your TTT and I'll do my best to spread the blog love!