|Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.|
Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book
Ooh. This is a really hard one, because I don't really have any must-have topics. I have more must-avoid topics, actually, but that's not what this TTT is asking for. *pouts* But I'm sure I can pull something out for this one, though I can almost guarantee I won't be able to think of ten. Keep in mind, though, that more than key topics or words, I base my TBR decisions on reviews and recommendations, and the overall feel of the synopsis.
- Fantasy - I'm a fantasy whore. I love me some magic and mythical creatures, be it urban fantasy, YA fantasy, or high/epic fantasy. I read to escape reality. While contemporary novels are becoming a fast favorite, fantasy will always be my oldest and dearest book love.
- Depression-themed books - I know this may sound like a weird one, but I am incredibly drawn to raw, gritty novels. Broken characters, dark themes, all with an underlying message of hope really speak to the depressed teenager that still lives somewhere inside of me.
- Romance - Okay, okay, don't start laughing at this one. Sure, I'm the first to make fun of a poorly-done romance in a book, but I only bother reading it in the first place for the hope that it'll be one of those rare slow-building, completely engrossing romances that keep me up all night. You know you love a good love story, too.
- Mythology - I love a good book rooted in ancient mythology.
- YA - Okay I may be cheating since this is more like an entire genre, but I am seriously running out of topics to pick! I told you, this week is hard for me. :/
- ... Yeah, there is no 6. I'm out, I've got nothing left. So this week, you get 5. >.>
I tried to think of ten, I really did. But aside from a choice few, I just don't pick books based off of general topics. Link to your TTT in the comments so I can see if you thought of any that I missed!