This is my first ever book meme, so I apologize if I do something wrong. I'm sure most of you don't know this, but I'm pretty much technologically-challenged - which means I suck at basically anything that requires a computer until I've had a lot of practice at it. I'm pretty excited, though, because this week's looks like a lot of fun!
Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet
(because the best titles are in purple)
- "The Lotus Wars" by Jay Kristoff - I have heard so many good things about Stormdancer and its author that I am itching with anticipation. This book is currently on its way to me via Amazon, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to turn into a temporary hermit until I've finished it when it finally gets here.
- "Under The Never Sky" by Veronica Rossi - I haven't been as enthusiastic as some about the new post-Hunger Games crop of dystopian YA, but I have the feeling that this will be as amazing as everyone says.
- "Just One Day" by Gayle Forman - Has contemporary romance always been so good? I don't know, but some of my favorite recent reads have been contemporaries. Just One Day seems like the perfect book to continue that streak.
- "Delirium" by Lauren Oliver - Ever since I was informed that this is in production to be a television series, I knew I had to get my nerdy little hands on it. I'm one of those people who always has to read the book before I see its transition to the screen.
- "Lux" by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I don't know a whole lot about this series, but a few raving reviews from some very trusted bloggers have put it high on my To-Read list.
- "The Lunar Chronicles" by Marissa Meyer - Cyborg Cinderella? This is either going to go very wrong, or very right. I'm curious enough to take that gamble.
- "The Archived" by Victoria Schwab - Gorgeous cover, interesting premise, rave reviews, gracious author...need I go on? The question here should be, Why haven't I started it yet?
- "Kingslayer Chronicles" by Patrick Rothfuss - I've been wanting to read this for the longest. Epic fantasy done right just can't be beat sometimes, and I have high hopes that Kingslayer Chronicles will help scratch the itch that The Wheel Of Time started a decade ago.
- "Valkyrie Rising" by Ingrid Paulson - Another book that's been on my list for awhile now. This has been read and loved by a couple of reviewers whose opinions I trust more than my own sometimes.
- "The Hollows" by Kim Harrison - How many nerd points do I lose if I admit that I've had this book for a couple of years now, but...lost it until last week? I've been on a bit of an urban fantasy binge lately, and Kim Harrison is another powerhouse in the genre whose world I want to be introduced to.
Whew! Only ten? When I started this list, I wasn't sure I'd be able to think of ten series I'm dying to read but haven't started yet (though there are quite a few stand-alones), but now that I made the list I can't believe how many I had to leave out!
I have to admit, I was a tad skeptical about adding a meme to my blog, but now I'm glad I did! This was so much fun. If you haven't yet, head on over to The Broke And The Bookish and find out how to start participating in Top Ten Tuesdays yourself!