Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Blog Post

I'm not really sure what I'm doing here, but I've recently found myself with a lot of free time on my hands.  I love the wonderful wide world of writing, be it reading other people's work or writing my own.  I also have friends who have some successful blogs and seem to enjoy them, so I decided to try to wriggle my way into the onling reading/writing and blogging community.

A little about me; My name is Kelly, I'm in my early twenties.  I recently decided to take some me time off work, and am going to focus on reading and writing a bit during this little break I've allowed myself.

I love words.  I find myself in awe every single day after reading a particular paragraph, or finding the exact right words to write one, at just how incredible words can be.  They are our form of communication, expression, and thoughts.  Strung together just right, they can tell a wonderful story, paint vivid pictures in your mind, sway someone else to your way of thinking.  It's just incredible, how the right person can use his/her words as a canvas on which to create something of astounding beauty.

But I'll save the rest of the nerding out for later posts.

Aside from my obvious adoration of all things written, I'm an avid music fan. (You'll probably see me talking about a particular band or album here and there, though I created this to primarily be a book review blog.)  I'm a shameless coffee addict, averaging around 60 ounces a day lately.  And I'm fluent in sarcasm, so if something I say sounds slightly offensive, it's probably just my sarcastic side showing herself here.  As long as it's funny, just roll with it.

I'm still not entirely sure how these blogs work, but I'm willing to invest some time to figure it out and learn the ropes.  I know it's going to take some time to get any sort of following, but hopefully there will be people out there who find me interesting enough to invest part of their day in.

That's all for now.  Excuse me while I go fidget around with this blog thingy and hopefully learn a thing or two about how to run one.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As you may or may not know, life is eating up way too much of my spare time right now, so pretty please don't hate me if it takes me a few days to get back to your wonderful comments. I read each and every one from my phone, and they always make my day. <3